Friday, February 16, 2007

Every Year Got Fish!

Another CNY, another "What am I supposed to eat tonight?". Celebrating CNY far away from your beloved family must be really disappointing...no super nice once in a year special meals & no gambling(not enough kaki for Tai Tee now, but I'm expecting a Chinese junior next year...hehe...hope he is the corrupt type, otherwise, I'll just turn him into 1). Worse of it though, is that I'll be having my major exam on precisely the 3rd day of CNY. Means while millions are celebrating with their friends & family, I'll have to nerd through my text books alone in my room. Haih, why must Japs change from Lunisolar to Gregorian calender? Otherwise I'll be celebrating it together with them!

Looking at the bright side, I will be going back to M'sia really soon now(15 days n counting!) Can't make it for reunion dinner, Chap Goh Meh also will do...at that time, most of the hawker stalls would have their price reverted back to normal, usually with the sudden drop in chicken prices cos of over production(Happens every year in Penang) Besides that, I have a strong feeling that a few of my friends will still be in Penang at that time.

I've been anticipating Petronas adds for every festive season since I got over to Jap 2 years ago. It didn't mean anything to me while I was still living in M'sia, but after a 2 year stint here, I can truly understand the meaning of spending time with those who you really care(not forgetting the gambling part!) Petronas theme for this year is about going back to our kampung to celebrate CNY with our gramps who we have left living alone for the whole year. It really made me kampungsick for not only being far away, but the fact that the 'kampung' I grew up with is no longer there physically....only ashes & fond memories of my best childhood remains. For those who still have their gramps, remember this 'You won't miss until its gone'. Don't do what I have done, cherish the moments especially for this coming CNY!

Ok, I'm not typing anymore, celebrating CNY alone in my room while posting about how much I miss my childhood days isn't gonna help with my exam results! So to all of guys out there, have a wonderful time with your family, stay safe, get tons of angpau & gamble your hearts out! Its the year of the Boar now, so for the 1st 15 days of CNY, forget about dieting, theres 350 days more for you to accomplish that! Spaghetti for reunion dinner anyone?

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy chinese New year!!I have spaghetti for lunch...sighh...I miss Malaysian CNY food!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY CNY~!!
love those petronas ads too. deepavali's one saikou!! did u watch it?

Jeremy Cheong said...

About the 2 mamak stall right? How can I miss that!