Tuesday, August 16, 2005

AICHI EXPO!

REUNION AT LAST!!
Well, since the next few blog will be about my entire 3 weeks of hols,
I think its best for me to put some pics up in order not to bore everyone of my readers....ENJOY!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After an entire 4 months, I finally got the chance to meet with most of
the Chinese guys & gals from my Jap course back in M'sia!
Most of us still stayed the same(we all agreed that Fong Zyin[standing
1st from left] changed the most since we left M'sia....she looks more
matured than the last time). There was about 14 more chinese ppl not in
this pic because they either had other plans already, or still having
fun 'schooling' at that moment!(Shi Han was the camera man) This pic
here is taken in front of Nagoya station after my 'just' 4 hours of
train journey(nothing compared to those to come) from my
place.....after reaching, it took more than an hour just to wait for
everyone to arrive....haih, talking bout we M'sians with M'sian
time...never on time 1!!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After all those busy moments of taking pictures and blocking ppls
way(we never fail to do so everytime), we were told that there is a
Pokemon park nearby in conjunction with the Aichi expo....so, without
delay, off we go!! Chatting all the way until we reach the entrance.
The entire team park is filled with exiting small kids running here and
there to all those rides....well, for the 11 of us 'grown ups', its
another happy moment snapping more pictures with all those cute &
adorable Pikachu rides, dolls and in the pic above, a customized
Pikachu car...I had to admit, being a past Pokemon fan, I actually had
the urged to buy some Pokemon souvenirs back....but not wanted to be
called 'childish', maybe next time.....when I have the chance and no 1
is looking....:P


HOMELESS!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com" />
After all those picture snapping, there was a sudden conflict on what
to do for the rest of the night till tomorrows Aichi....Some wanted to
stay in the youth hostel, some wanted to play the entire night &
another crazy 'some'(no prize for correct guesses) wanted to do neither
but just wanna try to stay homeless......however, since the youth
hostel was fully booked, there was only 2 more choices and no doubt the
playing group was the winner! But since me, Boon & Chin Wooi had
made up our mind, off we go to Aichi to overnight there! The troubles
that we face baceuse of our 'smart?' decision was frustrating I
guess(check my past blog for the events), but we did learn a few tips
on homeless survival for our Hokkaido stay and being the top 3 out of
1~2 million of ppl was REALLY a GREAT
feeling!(no joke ok!) The reason I look so happy in this pic is because
I just came out from my bath and the station I'm at at that time was
the nice & fuzzy(translate: SLEEP)....that 1 stupid guard have to
ruin everything!


AICHI EXPO
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Guess what, when the gates open at 9am sharp, everyone(including my
self) was running non-stop towards the many halls opened by all those
supa popular companies such as Toyota, Hitachi, Toshiba, Mitsubishi,
bla..bla...The scene that time was like the 'kali-toi' I used to play
when I was a kid. The guard personals there was like trying to stop us
from running with their hands spread wide out while we, the 'runners'
try to dodge them as we try go get to our goal asap! Its just like a
marathon race during the starting stages for those of you who don't
know what 'kali-toi' is..(where was your childhood?) What you see in
this pic is just 1/200 of the entire parks area(which is why visiting
the entire area in a day is something impossible and why some have been
to this place as many as 50 times!)....if you look closely, you could
notice a M'sian flag and the word MALAYSIA(its kinda small)..
thats the countries exhibition area, with hundreds of
countries having their respective halls showing of their most prized
commodities in their country....before you continue to scroll down
down, try to guess1 or 2 things you think the M'sian Hall would
display....


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
If you guessed something about M'sian food, congrats, there is a stall
selling roti canai(which I bought out of madness cos it cost a whopping
800 yen(RM30) for a plate like above)....taste incredibly good even
thought the curry is the Jap type and not hot at all!(after 4 months of
no M'sian food, anything is GOOD!)..and no hand is used....must use
chopstick, unless I want the entire expo'sppl to stare at
me...haih...Theres one more thing in display in the hall that I think
none of you ppl will seriously guess, maybe jokingly thinking, but I
bet none will believe it!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Nope!! Before I expose it, let me get back to my 'brief'(I'll try my
best) story ....This is the Toyota Hall(unless u ppl are blind and
cannot see) which is the 1st hall we went. This is supposed to be the
most popular hall for the entire Aichi Expo so as the 1st few who
entered 1st, we had the chance to actually enter the place and we were
like 'bangga' abit cos my senior didn't get to enter the last
time(sleeping at the front gate really paid off huh?) Toyota's main
theme was something about robots of the future....no, not war machines
of the Americans(and that of my liking) but robots that shall be our
children's 'slaves'.....okla, not that bad la...just robots that can
play music while standing on its two feet, a walking, rapping, dancing
DJ robot, and a display of future vehicles that not only could
transform from a buggy to a sports car, but also a walker(like in mech
warrior) walking with 2 legs while carrying 1 passanger....What can I
say, it was damn cool! Makes me feel that those sci-fi I watched on tv
is just something 'realistic'and no longer another 'its just another
Hollywood thing'....


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This buggy could lower its structure and transform into a sports
car...wheels pulling to the front or back and the seat lowers to a
sleeping posture....the walker is not available for display outside the
hall(no pics allowed inside all the halls)...so, no pics on it....too
bad!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
No, this building wasn't destroyed in an earthquake, its made like
that....that 'cut off' part is actually a waterfall flowing down from
the op of the building...This is the only exhibition hall that I failed
to enter in zone B(the Jap company zone)...according to William and
Michael, they were seated on a moving car(that look like a safari jeep)
while donning a 3-D googles....ok, this is how it works inside, during
the entire journey, they could see an artificial created 3-D view of
the Africa's Savana....there are many animals all around them and when
they extend their hands in front of their googles, they could see that
they were holding a fruit(it was random I guess?)...banana, or apple,
blabla.....and it attracts those 'animals' nearby to eat it(by throwing
or just holding it)....and if they attracted a huge animal(elephant,
rhino) it knocks their jeep and it actually shakes....the whole animal
attracting thing is done by us humans so its not just another boring
computer timed thing(which makes it so great!) This is the 2nd most
popular hall, so its kinda sad that I failed to enter!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Toshiba! Even if they say its the 3rd best, I think its the coolest of
all....why? Its just easy to explain, the exhibition is called future
casting system...where everyone gets to be on TVWell
The 1 1/2 hour line up was damn worth it for this hall! They 1st
scanned our faces using a huge machine....asking us not to laugh or
make funny faces or we won't see our faces on screen later! The
scanning part was the easy one..the hard 1 was to wait for the computer
to randomly put our faces on the characters....me, Boon & Chin Wooi
feared that we would be accidently placed on female characters!(Imagine
the horror when your friends see this!)...Luckily for the 3 of us, it
didn't happened....Oh ya, the story is about the future when the Earth
has been so polluted that its no longer habitable. Humans left that
place to another planet while leaving robots to patch up all the
things....the story is 1000 after that, where 21 brave crewman left on
a journey back to their long lost home called 'Earth'(in my case
Penang...hahha)....and so, I got one of the best character, the captain
of the ship's security force while Boon was the bridge's crew with the
captain(he actually got the more airtime compared to me) while Chin
Wooi was the science team...its was an anime, but seing my face in it really makes me feel
great....I remember that my character even shot the bad guy with the
best weapon I had at the invader because while asking everyone to
retreat to safety! A must watch! Too bad after screening it, all the
images were deleted! I would hve bought the show ok!!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This hall displays an array of light work, but i find it VERY boring so I
actually slept inside! True to its theme, it really made me
dream inside the hall! hahaha....


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the JR(Japan Rail) hall featuring the world's fastest train, Maglev.
Travelling at 581 km/h using magnetic force, its about to enter service
in Japan soon....really want to try it la! If the price doesn't kill
la! This station master here is trying to act macho I guess? Cos we
complimented him that we need a 'macho' looking man in uniform to fit
with the pic of the train...I think he melebih-lebih abit....like what
we say back in Penang...'TRYING TO ACT CUTE!!' DUh!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The ferries wheel on right is nothing so special except for its shape
so I won't waste my time explaining on it..the grass infested building
on the left is by Mitsubishi showcasing what the world would look like
without the moon.....the mirror and lighting effects in this hall is
the best of all dee....an entire room full with mirrows while we sat in
the centre....the movie was projected all over the mirrors which makes
us fell that we were in the show also....and ya, for those of you who
don't know, if there was no moon, the wind on earth will be 200km/h and
the earth would be spinning more than 10 times faster than the speed
now....it said that the moon slowed the earth's axis rotation down.But
if the wind is so fast, maybe it could fly me wherever I wanna go rite?
Not bad! I can FLY!!!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
SUPRISE! Tongkat Ali it is!! I give credit to the M'sian gov for knowing that the Jap
population is dropping at a drastic rate(only half of the population
left after another 50 years)....so what can we M'sian do as a good
friend of theirs? Help them with what we got!! Show them how the Malays
could have 10 children and after being over 50 years old, still have
another 3~4!! Long Live Ali's Stick!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
S'pore Hall's display on the hand was food.....proudly showing of food
that doesn't taste a fraction better than Penang's food! Ipoh in the
case of the chicken rice above! Even though I was longing for some
Chinese food, I didn't even bother ordering any cos this Kiasu
S'poreans just don't know what to show of if its not the food which
they copied(and downgraded) from M'sia..and especially Penang! KIASU!!!KIASU!!!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After an entire day of walking, a little rest on this Pacific Island's
countrie's hall.....nice tropical feel huh? Well, this is almost all
that I have energy to type for the Aichi Expo thing....I walked
non-stop from 9am till 9.30pm visiting all the halls....there is about
another 150 photos that we all took....I missed a few more interesting
halls as some are simple on the outside but incredible inside(like Sony
with their 10m*50m worlds biggest TV), but since I'm a law abading
citizen(Am I?) and there are stict rules against taking pics inside the
hall....no pics of it to show of.....thats all for now...be prepared
for much more on the other places(this is only a fraction out of my
crazy 3 weeks holiday up north....my Chinese Seniors say that we are
mad!!)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Super like the one...what u cal it?the buggy?super super cool..the rest...u all changed a lot..but can't really see properly so..

Kelly said...

Super like the one...what u cal it?the buggy?super super cool..the rest...u all changed a lot..but can't really see properly so..