Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Year Of The 3quel

Sorry for being absent for a long time. I just didn't have the mood(and will) to write during my trip back up till today. Maybe I'm growing tired of all this?

Cut that away, I'm starting my blog after a long hiatus with a few movies I've been anticipating. 2007 is officially a moviegoers years since there are tons of new(thats actually interesting) movies. Heres what I'm waiting for:



3 in a row, 3 times without fail, I got to watch spiderman on the 1st day its being premiered. 1st of May, it was for Japan. I'd used to complain about how slow movies are being premiered in Japan and how by that time its premiered, its actually available in verycd.com to be downloaded. Not this time its not!

This show is much better than Spidey 1 & 2 cos theres more to the eyes now. Better special effects, Gwen Stacy(berry pretty), a twisty ending and also Gwen Stacy. Enough said, if you haven't watch this movie yet(I doubt it though), run to your nearest cinema NOW!

Release Date: 1st May 2007




Johnny Depp is back for this (supposedly) final climatic swashbuckler movie this spring. Anticipate more slapstick humors from him which never fails to impress the whole cinema. I'm still truly amazed how he could be so carefree yet manage to be the most wanted dead in the entire film. If only I could live such an interesting life after a few bottles of rum!
Orlando Bloom? Nah! I'd rather see how our god of gambler kick ass in this film! Go 'Tou San'!
Release Date: 25th May 2007

I've watched Shrek in the cinema, watched Shrek 2 in the cinema TWICE, and I'm hoping I don't do anything stupid for Shrek 3. Why I like it so much? Well, unlike most Disney animations, this doesn't have any 'childish moral of the story' towards the end. Instead, theres lots and lots of unsangkarable(unimaginable) parodies, straight forwardly simple storyline, yet smart enough to make everyone smiling like that donkey throughout the entire film. Nothing stupid like watching it only once in the cinemas ok!
Release Date: 30th June 2007

Ok, this isn't actually a 3rd sequel or even any sequel. This is my childhood dream cartoon turn ing into a full blast action-sci fi movie. To see my favourite F-22 Raptor transforming(hence the name) into a killer robot is more than enough to set me a date with this movie. However, I'm a lil sceptical about cartoon adapted movies, usually, the storyline is either way out of the original version, or too similar to be creative. Spidey did it, so I guess I'll just have to check it out to know!
Release Date: 4th August 2007

What are the odds of getting even? 13 to one
I was so close about forgetting this show. It did badly during the 2nd part, but 13 isn't always a bad number, so I'm giving their exceptional cast a chance. Since this is also the final part of the 'oceans' trilogy, why not?The 3 most suave guys in the entire trilogy. *No matter how 'cute' you girls think Brat Pitt is, PLZ don't watch Babel, PLZ!!*
Release Date:11th August 2007

HEROES
Yatta! This isn't actually a movie, but I'm including it exclusively in this post cost this TV series is really-really good! Most of the guys I know have heard about it, but let me talk about it still.
If you have guessed it from the tittle, peoples across the globe discover that they have extraordinary abilities, from the cheerleader who realizes she is invincible, to the office worker who can bend space and time. These strangers are discovering they are meant for something bigger....
If you think this is about mutants in fancy costumes, or sexy/handsome ppl trying to save the world(think X-men), then you are absolutely wrong! And unlike most 'black & white' show of good versus evil, this is absolutely gray(not gay!) It emphasizes on human emotions, and questionable acts in order to safe the future. I tell you, this show is soo good, that at this current moment, I'm 101% hooked to its idea and concept. No more hours of never ending 24 series, or dead bodies in CSI, or even calling a show Prison Break when its obvious they are already out. This show is totally ori! I'm not alone here, I have millions of Americans(and my sis's bf) to support what I've just said.
If you've taken my word for it, prepare tons of junk foods, a comfy bed/sofa, lock your door, and remember to go to the toilet. Once you've started, you'd thank me! And remember "Save the cheerleader, safe the world!"

-Updates!-
Something to get you started...

3 comments:

Kelly said...

WAtched Spiderman 3,looking forward to Pirates and Shrek

cl3m` said...

u've got almost everything on the must watch list inc HEROES.. HIRO is just cool.

but u missed out one trilogy. it may not be as famous or as popular but definitely better than most higher budget films(includes spidey n ocean's IMHO)

that is Bourne Ultimatum,Matt Damon's superspy series.if u havent checked out Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy, do so =)

Jeremy Cheong said...

Yup, I'm waiting to watch that movie too...if they actually release it here.