Sunday, November 06, 2005

高専際

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Busy! Busy! Busy! Yesterday & today was 高専際 day....its something like my PFS fun fair during my form 2(or 3? can't rememer dee) except that my college puts out more effort and money to make it a success. Pity those who are assigned to to train stations as early as 5.30am to pass pamphlets to passer-bys about this day. Well, this is how my college's main gate look today....simple huh? I don't think so k! My school ended early on Friday just to allow everyone to prepare for this 'once in a year event'...the biggest for my college!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Everything from the stage, deco, floor planning, music equipment, etc, was planned by students only! It seems that teachers didn't even 'touch' a single this in this event(except for health care) which, for me, was an excellent opportunity for us to assume responsibilities as adults..not to mention that we can avoid those 'disagreements' which usually accur when teachers & students does thing together!

It was raining today so the performers can't actually use the entire stage in order to protect the eq.... I was bz so I didn't actually have the 'privilege' to enjoy it..too bad! I heard that it was good! Ppl actually got drenched cos they stood under the rain just to watch it le.....really wasted for me(even though I might not understand all of it)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well, there were 36 stalls selling a wide variety of Jap food(no sushi on naked girl, mind 'U'!) & some were games stalls. I don't know how I did it, but I think I tried about 70% of all those stalls...some bought by my own money, some I got for free, some I just shared with my friends.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Look at the drenched floor! This rain almost killed our business! Fortunately, it stoped kinda early so we don't have to suffer from any financial losses....those ttrees behind indicates that it is now autumn here in Japan & it is as cold as Genting everyday....but what shocked my the most was that there were girls who were able to wear 'minis' without actually freezing....whats their secret huh? Guys all wear long pants, jacket, while gals not feeling this chill at all....for the sake of beauty?


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This place looked like a pasar malam(except that theres a sun still shining) for the past 2 days, with every stall placed beside the road, & there were even stores selling those 'cheap-cheap' looking clothes....I think those clothes sellers can't earn much kua? Given the fact that Japs are so fashion conscious & very pantang ppl wear the same thing or style 1.....ya, its like a pasar malam except 1 thing....its SUPA damn clean! Cos ppl here are just not M'sians. Its just as simple as that!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Another reason why it looked like a pasar malam? Well, tell me which pasar malam doesn't have at least 1 stall selling satays?


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And how different is this picture from the 1 you normally find in typical pasar malam? Well, I can say that its damn clean la...those strict rules imposed....don't even try to think to break it! A check every 2 hours by our school nurse carrying the "NO LONGER SELLING" board waiting to catch those who even dare to think 'dirty'! Everything went well till the end for us & everyone else la...lucky!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Gloves, face mask, apron, head scarf....shit test....all this just to sell satay! Well, with a clean earning of RM1000 in 2 days, not bad huh? I don't wanna say this, but me & Shi Han actually did the most work to make this satay a success...try marinating 800 sticks of satay in 1 night with such stringent rules. If my gloves 'ter' touched the outer box of the satay, then its taking out the gloves, throw it away, spray alcohol on my hands, then wear it again...well, because of all this rules, we were quite stressed on the 1st day. However, the 2nd day was clearly 'fun n easy' through out the whole day, got time to take pic also....we actually had fun while breathing CO2 for 5 hours straight! Kena poisoning dee I guess?



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Prove that business was not bad...not bad at all...most ppl got attracted to the shouting of "SATE! SATE!" Fook Hee & me actually shouted "PUKI! CIBAI!" a few times for the fun of it....cos we won't be beaten after that! Can't do it in M'sia....hahaha

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My classmates sold waffles....I bought all 3 flavour just to show my 'patriotism'....I really kena gas poisoning dee!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
MY SCHOOL NURSE! HOW?? Joking only....If she is my school nurse, I think I might fall sick more often...but nah! She just wore this clothes to attract more ppl to her stall selling cakes...we might think that its wierd, but it is something usual here, called cosplay...they use whatever 'uniform' they possess to attract customers. In this case, to pretend to be a nurse (I got a feeling that a 'snipe' by my chain mail pals is gonna come soon!) Hey! I'm just telling the truth! Check the pic b4 the satay's pic...notice a gal wearing a french maid dress standing near the clothes stall....what can I say?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Well, thats all....we had 3 minutes worth of fireworks display as a closing ceremony. Something like what we can see in M'sia(hey! my college isn't so rich ok!)....tired...damn tired now! Chowz!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...so u earned 3man gurai!! whole stall or after dividing...1 ppl for 3 man is really huge!!wanna try ur satay too...:P

Crabbed!! said...

guess what?? I sold satay too!!
But we didn't earn 3 man...we earn more! hahaha
Andwe didn't have to wear those stupid mask. But...I would like to have one of those "nurses" near my stall too.
Anyways....good job.

Kelly said...

I can't topped lauging at the word u n fook hee shouted..haha,beh tahan u all ler..nice event..looking forward to it next year..

Anonymous said...

wow!!sexy nurse~