Sunday, December 18, 2005

Friends & Friendship

I haven't been blogging much for the past few days even though my exams was like over almost a week ago....blame it on my laziness, but I din't go anywhere interesting for the past few weeks(exams la!) nor did I do anything stupid enough to blog it up....however after reading Jason & my ex-roomie's blog, I think I have something to write about afterall!

Well, I just wanna talk about friends....my gang, friends in PFS, friends in Penang, friends in PPKTJ, friends over here in Japan etc. I do notice that I don't really have many close friends after all! Friends yes, tons of them, but those who really knows how 'good' my driving skills are, who enjoys listening to my plane talks, stays up all night just for the sake of not sleeping(scout traits) are like what? 10 at most? Let me see....Christopher, Jason, Gary, Daniel, Julian, Sookie, Kak Chee....err, what lau! Not even 8!

Reading Jasons blog that day really pulled out all those long forgotten days of absolute ignorance towards exams and dogged perseverance for an 'outhing'! Well, Jason, the next major general assemble will not be held anytime soon I guess? With me & Ben unable to leave Japan & UK to celebrate Chrismas & New Year with u guys, Gary leaving M'sia 1 month before my scheduled arrival back home, Julian busying himself with studies & societies in NUS, Kak Chee & 'the boy who just refuse to grow' wanting to become doctors so badly, the are memorizing every single word in the medic books!....I don't think it'll be anywhere before 2007? Lets jut hope that our chain mail can go on...its still kinda fun to 'shoot' get 'shot' around once in a while...

Now its bout the old blogs I read from my ex-roomie.....friends here in Japan. I do have to agree with him that friends are hard to get here in Japan. It is the language barrier? The age gap? The difference in countries? Well, all of it is true! After 8 months here, I don't think I had talked to every single person in my class, not to mention no current 'targets' to go after yet! Half the class is kinda ok to me, 1/4 is very close, and the other 1/4 is under the 'Who are you?' category.

Don't get me wrong though, friends, though hard to come by, is not entire impossible!(for those of my juniors who might freak out bout all this!) Japs are not as warms as we M'sian are. Even a person like me who could go on non-stop bout planes & comps still get my tongue tied when talking! However, friends, like lottery tickets(for me la!) comes by chance. I have a bunch of good friends in Jap who I'm sorta close with, going out with me to catch some movies, chat about life & difference bout me as a M'sian, gals & their 'anatomies'(hey! They are still 17 only k!) and stuffs like that. If you wonder why I din go out shopping with them is cos they get only about RM80 a month(even less than me when I was in M'sia!).

The bunch of Japs I'm with now, if its not that I got a seat near them, this might not have happened. Same thing bout my current gang, if we went to different classes during form 4, do you think we still be as close as today? If I din go to PPKTJ, or left early on(did went through my mind once!), would I be even chatting with Randy, Boon, Chin Wooi, Chee Wei and all those close friends of mine for the past 2 years? Would I be even quarreling with one of my juniors for god knows what devilish things I have done? I still think that I'm lucky enough to have close friends now in Jap. My ex-roomate is having some bad experiences with friends maybe because he didn't hit any '4D numbers' till now....but it will change, trust me, as friends come & go in our life, renewed and fostered through time.....I know this blog is long, but my true friends will read till the end, and know what I'm crapping about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe kind of late to comment...
but hey gotta say this...great to have u as fren :)
nevertheless ur driving still..ehem...3 deadends in 15 mins huh ?? :p