Tuesday, April 05, 2005

First and not the only!

Wow! I can't believe this! I'm actually writting a blog after saying 'NO' so many times to Chris, Kelly & May Ching but since I'm kinda bored here (besides cycling Nara Town to shop or a department stall called Apita that sells everything from pencils to cars!) and U ppl keep asking the same question bout life in Japan, I think i'll be better off if I type this once, and let everyone 'enjoy' it while I enjoy my 'NO MORE SAME QUESTION AGAIN' freedon. Ok, i'll just start my experience from the day I reach Narita Airport, Japan.....
Why so few ppl 1?" was the 1st thought U had when I reached the arrival gate of Narita Airport....how come so few ppl 1? NARITA u know! But I think the truth really hits us when we least expected huh?(Stop complaining bout KLIA also dee) Well, after we got stuck in the airport(while blocking ppl's passage like what most M'sian do!) for like 2 hours just becos we must change some 'cash' and send our bags to our designated destination, to the Malaysian Embassy we go....Its a nice building from inside but the sad thing is that you can't really see it from outside since its blocked by another building nearby. So, if you were to ask me to search for it...sesat lo! Fortunately, we are given 45 minutes to walk around the place(called Shibuya) so wasting no time, we scouted around for either nice stuffs like....err..better not say it out la...sensitivela! or 'nice' ppl(dont need explaniation kua?) I actually did saw a naughty mag lying on the floor but of coursela i didn't pick it up! What for! Here got soo many on sale!(Will explain later on other blogs) Then after the first 45 minutes of Japan's 1st impression(very good till now) my worst nigtmare starts, 4 hours of non-stop nonsense from the JPA! Imagine this, one of them spent 1 hour asking us not to get married to anyone here in Japan because our scholarship too little la, no time cos we must study la...then the other JPA fella pula spent 1 hour telling us that we get a divorce, we must do this la, do that la, your son/daughter will follow who la...imagine two contradicting force clashing each other, the result? More than 3/4 of the person in the room is already fast asleep(including me..of course) after all those stupid talks, off to our hotel canlled TOKO hotel, its a superb business hotel and if you didn't see it for yourself, I don't think you can imagine it..trust me! I was kinda expecting a box like hotel, or should i say a kennel? With no bathroom attached like those typical Japanese ryokans where we have to bath together in the ofuro(bath tub). Well, my expectation was wrong(fortunately!) because there is actually a room with bathroom attached...but thats not all! In just a size like my sis's room (for those who stayed there b4) or something like a 5*5 squaremetres, theres a table, tv set,water boiler, phone, cupboard, ironing board, heater, alarm clock, bed, and not forgeting the toilet equipped with ofuro. I was like 'WOW!' how can so many stuffs fit in one small puny space which was quite impossible to imagine if i'm using standard size stuffs from M'sia cos the things are really SMALL!! Everything was downsized to fit in the room exactly. So, without wasting time, I tested most of the equipments until almost 7pm where I was assigned to 'search and locate'(not destroy) the rest of the PPKTJ chinese ppl who wanted to go out to eat with either senpais or senseis (i choose the former, Ishikawa Sensei, gomen!) After that, out we go! 1st stop, a shop called Big Camera in Shinjuku.....ok, let me describe it, its a huge departmental stall selling only electronic stuffs which is so high tech and beautiful, I almost dont want to leave the place if I have the cash la....but 1st thing 1st, get myself a electronic dict which cost me bout 30,000yen which, not suprisingly is the same model that Randy bought also(told you dont always follow me dee rite!) After that, our next stop is a food stall outside a departmental sbuilding cos a few of us are really very hungry(its 9pm and we havent took our dinner yet!) so i got myself the 1st taste of japanese onigiri...its a big lump of rice stuffed with....err...what also got la, chicken, cheese, beef, salmon....etc and it was FANTASTIC! Never thought that i'll be this nice. However Ang senpai cautioned us from eating to much cos he is taking us to a 'nice' place for 'supper'(din even have dinner yet ok!) Then, a quick breeze around Shinjuku before we went to the tallest building in Tokyo to have a night view from the observation post. Its not even as tall as KOMTAR tower in Penang though, but what do u expect a country with huge earthquakes! Well, its kinda hard to eplain it from the top observation view of the tower cos its like a sea full of lights from houses until the horizon and beyond. Just imagine this, millions of stars till the infinity! Dear Kuala Lumpur is totally no match for this scenery..not even 1% close(trust me when u see for yourself) After all this wonderful unforgetable experience (din bring my camera along! Wasted!) makan time comes! But just to go makan require us to take a train to a place called Ikebukuro (river bag?) it's sooo congested in the station that i can barely get a grip on the handle that Ang senpai said that at this time(11pm) its only 1/2 congested....cant imagine how scary it is during peak hours...no wonder so many 'chikan' casses la. Even if its not done on purpose, some ppl might misunderstand us guys cos its just so congested that we guys din really do it on porpose!!(u think we all so miang mer!) in Ikebukuro, a shop selling 'tei syokku' is where our 'nice' supper had been...kinda disapointed thought, came all this way just to eat 'tei syokku' which means u order a set of rice and you can add rice to your liking....whatla wei! I know can save money la! but not until eat so much rice! Fortunately, the day was saved cos the kare katsu(curry fried pork rice) was excelent and since Japanese rice is so different, my 2nd bowl did come after so many months of 'no to too much rice'. With a bloated stomach, back to hotel we go...
Thanx senpai! 1st day of Japan, Owatta!(means finish dee...)

No comments: