Saturday, April 16, 2005

Osaka...money!money!

No money dee! Thats what happened to me today....well, its not that terrible actually, just that I spent my whole day in Osaka today and bought myself a cool 2.1 sound system from Creative which cost me like Rm450....To be honest, my thoughts about going to Osaka was to enjoy the 'scenery' but I spent most of my time walking around with Shin Han and Fook Hee looking for computers but thats not all! After they bought all the parts, we (theres 9 of us foreign students) have to carry a huge box each to walk around Osaka city. Isn't actually a nice experiece with everyone starring at us as if we are carry boms or dead body inside those boxes!) And since those boxes were heavy, we din go inside any place there but just passed by everything which is sooo boring!

Instead of touring Osaka city, we now decided to go to Osaka Garden to watch sakura flowers lo! Din say that it wasn't nice, just that I have somewhat grown tired at looking at this pale coloured flower, make me lose spirit only! There was this old castle situated at the top of a hill inside the garden, its called Osaka castle, a very beautiful and huge castle used to be inhabitted by the Japanese emperor before the word 'democracy' became known to the Japs....imagine the person u voted for asked u to built such a huge structure using bare hands with no machines? U still wanna vote for that 'guy' mer? Well,of course the Japs now are grateful cos they have a huge castle as a tourist attraction where they can charge 1000 yen per entry.

So here, i started becoming a 'pro' photographer, taking snap shots from almost the entire angle of the place....its huge ok! Not to mention that since this is a 'sakura watching season' the entire place is jammed packed with humans and their all so faithful 'four legged companions' both wearing fashionable clothing(i meant both of the species!) It just seems that Japs are realy affectionate towards dogs that they even buy clothes for them....haih...talking bout being so fortunate being a human being on top of the food chain, i think this dogs are so much better off! Nice clothing, good food(their furs are extremely smooth and shiny), no studies and all u need to do is to mind your own business until makan time! Why and I now a Jap dog ler???!!! Oh ya, mind all of u who is still in M'sia, dogs here are very obidient, doesn't bark and are all pedegree breeds, not the mongrel we find in the streets.

So, after an entire day of walking with a 'bom', we decided to head back before sundown cos if we were to go on any further, our arms will break dee...After all this trouble, we still have to stand inside trains(for 40 minutes) while blocking ppls way cos of those big and heavy boxes! I have to cycle back from the train station back to hostel(din take bus cos wanna save money la!) by the time I reach the hostel, got scolded by the canteen ppl somemore for taking my dinner so late....however, thanx to my slow to anger 'gift', i din't even rest b4 starting to help (more like doing it all by myself) Fook Hee fix his new computer parts even after a wasted trip to Osaka. Took my bout 3 hours but well, its worth the hardwork to see something becoming alive after some pushing and jerking of the key components(plz dont think so senget!) In within 2 weeks, all the new comers of my year now owns a computer. Fast? Nope! Life is just not complete without computer for us guys. More like a matter of life and death thing.

No comments: