Saturday, May 14, 2005

Finally! Internets back!

Yes! 1 month of being disconnected from the entire world has just ended....so many things happened in this 1 months time so i think this blog is gonna be in a few part....i'll be describing my live with the Jap classmates and hostel mates in this first chapter so...here it goes...in two words....'so different!'
My class is 3M, 3 stands for year 3 and M is for 'Mechanical'....this class consists of 44 ppl and 2 aliens(1 of them is me! the other is an alien from Kenya)....and in this 44 ppl, only 1 gal...haih...and they say Japan is the world of pretty gals and handsome guys...i'm not saying that their not handsome or ugly, just seem o be kinda like M'sian Chinese ppl only, except for the fact that most of them dye their hair......there are still nerds, ah bengs, gangsters, 'si ham chai'(cantonese) in my class. However, most of those friendly ppl are the normal onces and the nerd ones only!(I dont despise nerds ok! They are the ppl who will help u most when u have any troubles in your studies!) The Bengs and 'sea creatures'..I dont care bout their existance la!
My class members are an active bunch who loves to talk....but when I say this I meant that they even talk when the teacher is teaching...with loud voices. They are kinda 'cold' when i fisrt went to class, since they have a tendancy of not speaking to strangers, but since 1 month has passed, I can practically talk to them without any problem(except in language vise) on any topics dee....Some seems to have alot of interest about M'sia so there goes my long story from 1941(when their grandfathers attacked my grandparents time) till the present day. Can actually see that they are kinda sad that I still say about the war thing(hey! its my expertise ok! world war 2), even asked me is I'm mad at them because of that long-long time ago thing! Of course said yes la! Mad at them for not staying longer at M'sia, leave so fast after losing the war! At least start a family there so can have more Japanese in M'sia(they actually laughed!)....then continued saying that if I hated them, I wont waste 2 years to study Jap and come here! Well, they looked happy after that and can see some cursing those China's 'Chinese' for remembering those dark moments.
Most of them(from what i could c), doesn't respect the teacher at all....dont even give a little face lo! I was thinking that Japs are a bunch of hardworking ppl who are well diciplined but it seem that my 1st impression bout them now that I'm here is the total opposite! They read comics, sleep, talk, play with handphone, listen to Mp3 players while the teacher is explaning god knows what on the blackboard...i say this cos this only happenes when a teacher is really a slack 1 la! At that time, i can't even understand a single thing the teachers teaching......but for me, doing such things when a teacher is teaching is kinda rude, but hey! Japs are doing it like its so normal so I guess its my 1st culture shock here!(Not the mini skirt thing ok!)
All classes are conducted in Japanese even for my English class! Thats what I call learning English in Japanese.....I don't understand how on earth do they improve but if u just see their English standard, you will understand how 'EFFECTIVE' this system is.....hey! With my lousy English, I could be God of English over here, everytime we have an English Conversation Class(the only time we actuall use English), that Kenyan guy and I are the only 2 who can speak in English! And the rest of the class was like "WAR!! u both can speak so well....we wish we were like u both la! Teach me English la!". I even argued with that teacher te other day for saying that using the word 'toilet' is not appropriate when asking permission to go to the W.C! Well, it was only a 2 way conversation becos I think its too fast for the Japs to catch the words.....I lost anyway....but I'm satisfied with the answer that 'bathroom' is more appropriate(as in American English) cos Japs are using American and i've studied British.
Ok back bout my class, its a mechanical class so all my subjects are mostly specialized subject, it consist of studies of industrial energy,material strengh,technical drawing and designing, computer language, electrics and electronics & machanical design and developement....sounds hard huh! Well, its hard! Besides that, I have basic subjects such as maths(2 different maths subject...something like pure maths and further maths in form6 but this is like both also further maths, just different topics), Japanese English, PJ, and Advance physics. Haih..life in Japan is not easy after all......

No comments: