Saturday, May 28, 2005

Golden Week! (Day 5)

Well, no more temples for today! Went out to the northern part Osaka to show Randy around this so called American Village and also the all so famous ferries wheel situated on top of a shopping complex. The northern Osaka is packed with more high rise and high 'price' shops compared to the southern part which is (of course) more suitable for ppl like me but what the hell, just walking aound wont burn my pocket right(I'll regret it later!)

Since the JR incident also happened near this area, most of the trains now run at a slower pace which caused a slight commotion when our express train was 7 minutes late (which is too much for a Japanese) I can hear the train driver saying sorry non-stop with all those 'ultra' polite Japanese for the next few minutes while some passangers started looking worried as if something bad had just hapened.

Lucky, nothing happened so we just preceed to the shopping malls to check out some of the latest Japanese fashions . As we entered a 'cool' looking shop selling nice jeans and shirt to check it out, I noticed a nice pair of jeans but as a 'normal' college student, a pair of jeans costing RM700 is not a good bargain rite? We left that shop immediately while commenting that even thougt jeans sold in Tough(Times Square,KL) is only half that price, we already complained, but now this! Unexceptable! We then decided to just skip all the shops to head for the ferries wheel instead....

However, just like what written on a fortune paper(do u call it that?) I took from the Nara temple's saying that luck will be with me whenever I go out, It actually happened! I got 20 tokens from a amusement centre for free without even knowing the reason! Well, I divided it, and we played black jack(yes, its like a gambling centre but using tokens instead of cash). Luck struck me again as I actually won 5 more tokens from the machine while Randy is left with only 5.....but since we used up just too much time playing it, we decided to just find a machine that has the highest chances of losing and poured our entire 'fortune' back inside it.....well there goes my 15 tokes....When we left the amusement park, I noticed that its already 5.30pm(means we are inside there for 3 hours! My god!) wanted to ride the ferries wheel but I got a sudden phone call from Shi Han asking us to meet up with him at Osaka Temple because Soo Sing also wanted to meet us.

Without further delay, we decided to skip the ferries wheel ride and just head out to )the castle which Randy blamed me for not telling him about.(I find it boring the last time so....) By the time we got there, its already sunset but there are still a few 'lost' ppl who is just about to enter the place(which sad to say was 1 of us).....rushed inside, took some pictures, said some stupid things and got laughed the whole night.....Then back to Osaka city we go....

This time, its the southern region because Miss Soo wants to have a look around that area(which Fook Hee said a few days earlier that he will vomit if he goes there AGAIN!)....We walked around this place called Namba searching for the most popular food in Osaka, Okonomiyaki. Its a piece of fried meat/fish/noodles which is made like a shape of a square omellete. We were lost on which shop to choose so we decided to let the 'guess of honour' to dicide and guess what, he chose a stall so packed, there is like 15 ppl queing for it. After just 5 minutes, everyone's face turned black so I decided to search for another shop which has less ppl. My hard work paid out so I asked all of those 'charcoal' face ppl to follow me to that shop I just found.

Things brighten up alot when we ordered our food and started planning for the trip the next day. Food came kinda slow(but we din really notice though...was bz talking) but It was indeed unique. Servered on the frying pan fixed to our table, the okonomiyaki was szilling all the way till the last bite....3 of us said that it was nice but Randy said it doesn't suite his taste so there goes 1 unhappy 'guess of honuor'. We actually passed through the same stall which we waited for an hour ago and guess what! There is still like 10 ppl waiting for it! Then Randy was like,"See, I know this shop is nicer! there is so many ppl queing up for it!" I had nothing to say at that moment except that If we had qued for it....it will be 11pm before we can start eating!

After another entire day of going around places, back to the hostel we go again, I accidentally broke my bicycle's light when I went down a slope too fast and the light just flew off! DAMN! After that, the typical routine of climbing the fence, walking quickly towards my room and the whole nite chat which lasted much longer this time with Fook Hee eager to know what we have done...Shi Han didn't come back with us as he was bz doing God knows what in Osaka with Soo Sing.... =>

2 comments:

Kelly said...

u really o have this ting of living near temples huh?but why u of all pl are not fond of them??weird,weird..tsk tsk

Crabbed!! said...

Haha...sorry dude, forced you to holy-fy a part of your corrupted soul. But it worked rite? I mean we got free tokens and wasted 3 freakin' hours playing blackjack with a TV...so (un) coollll!
Hmm...if you ever visit my area...no temples...just kyabakura all the way.