Monday, May 30, 2005

Golden Week! (Day 6)(1st half)

Sorry, but this final part of my GW blog will be 'abit' long!

This was the best day of all the days in Osaka dee....not only did I get to FRESH new places in Osaka, Randy is, FINALLY going back to where he belongs....hahaha(just joking, dont take it so personally!) Well, today, Me, Randy, Fook Hee, Shi Han & Miss Soo was supposed to meet up with Ghai Leong and some of the other Malays ppl from PPKTJ but Ghai Leong already had another plan set up(which is to walk around Osaka town.....sorry, can't do it anymore....tooo tired of the place dee) so we all ended up going to our seperate places.

First thing, to the Food Exhibition we go....No wait! We dont have time because we wanted to go to the Osaka Aquarium also so we had to forgo that...haih....but look at the bright side, wont be complaning bout eating too much while I'm at Osaka(always does happen). When we reached the aquarium, the first fish I saw was no other than "sardin" fishes packed up in a single place. No I'm no refering to real fishes, its our own species, the human kind, packed in a place a size of 3/4 of a football field. With so many different ppl wanting to see those lucky fishes, It took aproxmianately 1 hour of quing before I could even enter the ticketing area. Fortunately, this aquarium is so huge(unlike the money wasting, boring, soo puny Langkawi's aquarium!) it could practically fill the millions eager to pay 2000yen for an entry ticket!

During the queue, we actually saw 3 Malay girls(I think they are Malays though) with 2 wearing headskarfs we typically see in M'sia. What a feeling! Were like, "War! Kawan....M'sians....Ohana(family in Hawaian)". Everyone was damn eager to talk to them but none seems to have the 'guts' to break the ice...yes! Evan Randy or me....maybe its because of the scorching sun burning any mood we have left to talk. So there goes Ohana.....sayonara

Back to my topic.....I was kinda heartached to pay 2000 yen just to watch fishes swim in the beginning. What happens if its the same shit like what I wasted in Langkawi? However, I think I can trust the millions who are eager(the look on their faces) to.... So I reluctlantly paid my share and in I go.....ok, we were greeted by the workers with their all so pretentious smile with a loud "Konichiwa" which I think they must have repeated for like millions of time until they could have a nightmare by just thinking about it. We then boarded an escalator which brought us to the 5th floor of the aquarium. The journey itself took like a minute but since we could see the sea from there, there goes us happy snapping pics as if we havent seen the sea before (Well, kinda true though, Nara has got no sea around it and I havent seen any since I left Penang!)

The 1st part was the Japanese forest, with a boast of flora and founa from Japan's forest. Nothing special though, but I like the concept of putting a forest inside a building and the trees are still triving!
Then from the here till the end, it was fun! A whole network of aquariums joined together to form a really huge 1! There, it was displayed a whole variety of fishes and sea creatures from all over the ocean. From the common fishes in our M'sian markets till a Whale Shark! (For those who are intellectually not so informed, the whale shark is the largest FISH in the world, with the 1 displayed about 40 feet long) If u wonder how can such a huge fish survive inside a tank, wait till u see the tank! Its like a whole building by itself. How nice was it to see fishes that size swim around with peace and freedom unlike Langkawi!!!(Terrible! Just Terrible!) There were also those entertaining animals such as the dolphin and penguin. They grabbed the most attentions with their funny attics which the kids just can't stop yelling when they see 1. Oh ya, the tempereture and humidity differs from parts to parts of the aquarium so we visitors could feel the real thing too! Cool!(Thats why Fook Hee complained hot when we were at the Pacific Ocean and cold when we were at the Antarica....I think he din noticed it...)

I would like to further describe about this aquarium but 3 hours of new experience is hard for me to explain in a 'short' blog....wait till anyone of u readers are here in Osaka, check it out yourself!(call me too if u dont mind some noise!)

1 comment:

Crabbed!! said...

Oi...you missed out the sea otter lovemaking scene...THAT was the MOST interesting!
And what the hell do you mean by 'finally' Randy's going back?