Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hiroshima


Welcome to 広島(Hiroshima), or 'Wide Island' in English. I'm supposed to go to Taiwan for my summer hols, but somehow, I just can't find the right time. So here I am, in the piece of land which so happen to have a nice sunny weather one morning 62 years ago. The landmark where the most disastrous weapon in world have ever been used!

So, here I am with my ex-roomie(again?). This trip was planned on the phone, took 15 minutes, and what do I know, Randy was on his way to Nara for the 4th time just a day after the call.

We left to Hiroshima from Nara just like that 2 days later. I just like it when things are made so spontaneously. No plans, no headings, just a train ticket and thats it! No worries about time schedule, date lines or 'must go here & must visit there' syndrome.

Stopped by at Kobe(Kobe Beef anyone?) for some Chinese food which was like months since I ever had a decent Chinese meal. The entire journey took me about 7 hours, which is VERY near by Japanese standards.

Checked in the Hiroshima Youth Hostel in the evening and called it a day.




The 2nd day's event started with the visit to the all so popular Peace Park Memorial Museum where all this pictures were taken. Its actually a remembrance to all of us war lovin' ppl about the suffering and pain and blablabla! There were a few crying 'ah ma's inside. Its supposed to have made us feel gloomy & sad inside, but guess what? Neither the both of us were in any 'gloomy' mood. Must be cos the Japs took Randy's grandpa's bicycle 65 years ago and I just love the fact that there used to be such a great war(I'm a saddist till this day lol!). No bad mood, but tons of stupid jokes about this bombing.....cruel ppl!


The night was spent watching fireworks which so happen to happen at a place we planned to visit the next day. Since no plans=anything goes, we went there eventually. This is the 1st(and only?) 花火大会(Fireworks display) I'm gonna catch this entire summer. Had my 1st 'sardin fish' experience on the train heading there. Too bad that our youth hostel has curfew, so before the grand finale, off we go...back...wouldn't say that it was bad, but why on earth must the stupid hostel have curfew time? WTF, I paid you RM70 and I don't even get my little freedom! Should change your name to 'Hiroshima Warewolf & Cinderella ppl Hostel'.
Anyway, I'm too tired to continue blogging anymore now. I just spent 2 hours typing in Photobucket and guess what, they discontinued their services with Blogspot! 2 hours and X joule of tenaga kinetik lost! Great! Too be continued....

4 comments:

cl3m` said...

eh, should have asked us what. we stayed in a hotel tht cost 2800 without curfew:D i hate curfews, so i never find youth hostels.

Jeremy Cheong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeremy Cheong said...

The youth hostel cost 1900 a day, if the holtel u mentioned cost 2800 for 2days, then intro PLZ!

cl3m` said...

2800 a night la but no curfew and smack in the city.. where all the entertainment outlets out(no its not a love hotel:P)