Saturday, August 26, 2006

Last of my summer.


So, this is Miyajima Isle. This 鳥居(Torii) or gateway, is another famous place in Hiroshima. For some reason, its one of the World Heritage Site(like Gunung Kinabalu or Georgetown, Penang) where it will be preserved as it is for millenniums to come.

Seriously, I don't find it too interesting or special? Its just a metal gate built on the sea. What madman is actually so free to do such things I wonder? I'm just not that artistic person to judge things solely by their looks and not its purpose(except gals la!)



Besides this gate, Miyajima is also popular for the following items:


Momiji=maple, Manju=pancake. So Momiji Manju=maple shaped pancke with all kinds of fillings.


Grilled Miyajima oyster. Cost me RM7 for each plate with 2 oysters. It was VERY delicious! Its the only thing that 'ah mo' take raw while Japs take cooked. Come to think of it, what an irony?

After hours of cycling around, we found this very nice & cooling waterfall spot. Randy tried to take a pic with his vid-cam with only 8 secs delay and guess how the picture turned out? He was exactly in front of me bocking my entire body while his back faces the vid-cam(He was still running to the spot next to me) Well, this is the 1 with me and only me!


The 3rd day was to visit Ah Long's college in an island nearby. Before that, theres still 1 more thing we wouldn't wanna miss in Hiroshima, and that is Hiroshima's Okonomiyaki. Its hard to describe what it is, but lets just say that its a Jap version of a pizza(Like mutabak is the Indian version). Tasted sweet, but I still can't decide which is better, the Osaka version or Hiroshimas'. This 2 places are known to have the best Okonomiyaki in Japan.

Ok, back to the story. This is Along's college in an island. Its quite a small island, and the 'best' part is that the convenience store closes at 8pm & theres NOTHING there. Hmm, a conducive environment to study I guess? No distractions? I LUVING my college more after visiting this place! Anyhow, this is a shipping college & the ship on the pic belongs to them. Must be cool to actually pilot a ship with that 'sailor' uniform!
Me: Direction bearing 26-22! 13 degrees at 20 knots to starboard side!! Move it you lazy apes!!
Men: Aiyee Captain!
I'm gonna regret being another mechanical engineer!

This concludes my very-very short holiday in Hiroshima. Its only 4 days of travelling with another day back to my place! Thanx to Along and Chin Leong for letting us 'crash' in your tv room & that unforgetable watermelon! Well,good night every1!
p.s. Along is 2nd from left & Chin Leong is 3rd. Along is the head of a 'shark' society in KL so when you see him the next time(He can be anywhere in the globe) don't forget to greet! Nitez all!

5 comments:

Wanster said...

rename ur blog to be a travel blog la... always put up mouth watering pictures for me to drool over. jia-lat la u :D

Anonymous said...

georgetown is a worl heritage site? i doubt it ...anyway hiroshima looks fun..i plan to go too this autumn

Jeremy Cheong said...

Hehe, Ignorance isnt an excuse...go check it out!

cl3m` said...

eh, dude the gate is made of wood la. its gonna get destroyed in yrs to come and they're gonna build another one. i think tht one is the 15th one?

Jeremy Cheong said...

Wood? I just know that its a gate....just guessed about what its made of!