Monday, October 23, 2006

Takoyakis & Clubs

Paa-thay! See the balls? That what we call Takoyaki! Tako=Octupus & Yaki=grill, so takoyaki means grilled balls filled with octopus inside. See how BoOlaT it is? Well, its no suprise that its my favourite food here in Jap. I don't know much about the origin of this dish, but Osaka is extremely popular with it and Osaka is sooo near my place so...(You get my point)
This time, a few Japs decided to have a takoyaki party to celebrate our school sports day(Nice excuse to have a party :p) One of them have some experience in making them so he sponsored this unique frying pan while we just need to pay for the ingredients.
Making your own takoyaki is actually very easy though, just mix in some flour, some eggs, stirr it well & then pour it in the frying pan. Then add in the sliced octopus and wait. Roll it a few times with a toothpick to make it round and Whola!




Like any parties in Japan, its never complete without a few cans of beers and liqours. There was a Henessy V.S.O.P but its not in the pic. Didn't drink too much though, cos I still have my volleyball competition & my blood donation drive the next day. Don't wan't any sick person to be infused with my alcoholic blood. After he get hypertention then susah!

Namba, Osaka
If beer wasn't enough, we(the aliens in Japan) decided to hit a club to celebrate the end of sports day(Ok, I made that up) After 1 1/2 years here, this is my only 2nd time going to a club lol! I couldn't blame anyone though. All of my classmates are 18 or 19 which in accordance to Japanese law, is still forbidden to drink any alcoholic drinks what more patron a club. So its usually more of a spontanous event. Can't plan ahead cos we aliens are suprisingly bz with all sorts of works. We went to the club at 12 midnight and see how deserted it is.....bad signs ahead?

Being all tuned up to club, its suprising that some even ordered COKE!? Lol! I'm suprised on how they are able to dance with their heads straight. No 'high' feeling = stiff robotic dance. I took a totally unknown drink called Bombay Saphire and guess how it tasted? So bitter that I bought a can of Heineken to wash down the bitterness. The liqour might sound cool, but I ain't ordering it anymore! I'll keep in mind to ask for something smoother to the troat & tongue the next time!

By 2.00am, this place is sorta packed with aliens just like myself! The most impressive moment was when a bunch of Saraphova looking Russian gals walking in from the front entrance. Every guy in the club had their necks turned towards them like a bunch of hungy tigers staring at a deer. Must admit though, they are really HOT! 100%! Wow! Anyone has Boon Chye's no in Moscow? Gimme gimme! Too bad I was dancing and they left a few hours later before I got the chance to take their photos....At around 4am, everyone was either gone and those left are all *couple-couple* with newfound romance.

Except the 3 of us...haih...sad! Anyway, I did have a nice time even if I'm gonna crash on my bed once I get back to my hostel. Fook Hee wasn't really satisfied cos there aren't too many gals throughout the entire night. We left at 5am and took the earliest train back. There were 6 of us when we went to the club, but that Kenyan guy was the most successful in his hunt so we left without him. Shi Han is those 'kuai kia' type of guy so as usual he didn't go clubbing with the rest.

I'll be having a school trip to Nagoya in 2 weeks time. If god permits, I'll be going to another club(the best in Japan) in Nagoya with a few of my Jap friends. Hope they can get through the security as they are still underaged. Fingers crossed! Have fun!

2 comments:

stevelee67 said...

wow...looks like u had fun !!

good luck on next hunt

Kelly said...

really looks fun..I wanna go also..