Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Things J.C Wanna Share

Another hurrah! My examination is unoficially over after 6 days it was officially over!Don't get me? Neither do I! So I'm sitting down facing this comp with nothing much to do before resuming my exercise which I have skipped for almost 3 weeks in another 3 hours time. With all my mails checked (why did we stop that chain mail? Where is that Gary who is supposely free to mail everyday? Jason & Chris, if u guys are reading this, where the heck have u guys gone? At least I can still see Sookie lurking around at wierd hours)

Fortunately, I could live through my predictable life with a few entertainments once in a while. It doesn't sound much, but the internet itself just isn't that interesting anymore. I'v read through almost every page about 'war' in wikipedia.com, some popular blogger's entire archive, place an order in Amazaon.co.jp just for the fun of clicking & watched tons of youtube's MTV....theres nothing much I can do anymore. These little extras really saved my life!

One of the best, which I once dispiced, is Penang Hokkien Podcast. Irritating at 1st, but once you get used to the loud annoying laughing voice of the host, Miku John, listening to it will be very enlightening & OF COURSE funny! Laughed so much I almost rolled on the floor if it not because that my room is too small for such a space abuse. Their topics are really very simple & typical everyday life of the Chinese comunity in Penang(ghost encounters, FOODS!, gods, fastivals, bees & birds stuffs etc...) There isn't any censorship so all the foul words just keep flying out like nobody's business. The girls are also suprisingly, very good at it lol! For those Penangese living abroad, this is a MUST unless you think that Hokkien is too 'cheap' for you upper classers. You need i-tunes for a weekly auto-download or visit their official site here to download it manually.

BoA, BoA, BoA, her songs lighten up even the darkest days of my life. Irony though, her introduction to me was marked as one of the 'darker' parts of my life :p. Contrary to what most ppl believe, I didn't buy her songs because she is cute or pretty. In a matter a fact, I don't think that she is all that pretty/cute compared to other Jap singers like Ayumi or Sawajiri Erica. Above average? Definately!, but I didn't buy her singles just to stare at her lol! Its her songs & MTVs that I enjoy the most! Ever since listening to her 1st Japanese album 'Love and Honesty', I'm practically hooked to her eastern fused upbeat songs and dances. Ya, I forgot to mention, I really like singers who can also dance, its like they got this aura of elegance with them. With dance, I don't mean Shakira's belly/boob shaking moves or any slo-mo dances though. BoA has this pattern of realeasing her singles. Its always an interval of fast paced music about anything but Love and slower Love songs. This pic here is her latest album to be realeased early Nov. And...err...since this single's MTV is out, I...err...illegally downloaded it 2 days ago. Before any recording company wants to sue me, let me state it clearly that I'll definately delete the MTV after I get my hands on the CD+DVD. I have placed a booking for the single through Amazon weeks ago. I only support piracy until ori comes out....what to do, can't blame me cos her songs are too nice right?
The MTV is nicely situated on the left side of my blog now.

Finally, theres Hitz.fm. I'm 1 1/2 years here and I just found out a way to listen to this radio station through the internet recently. My firefox didn't have the plugins required so it just didn't load no matter what I did. Finnaly, I actually resorted into using IE to listen to the 'Malaysia's No.1 Hit Station'. Fortunately, the morning crew is stil as funny as ever! I don't have any doubts that this is INDEED the most listened to radio station in Malaysia. Its not the latest hitz that make this station interesting, its how they parody songs, play prank calls on the listener that truely make this station shine through the rest! Not to mention that their prizes and gifts are superb! Too bad I'm staying in Japan...I remember when I was in PPKTJ, whenever the cue-to-call was announced, Randy and me would stop whatever we were doing, and starts stabbing our poor phone's keypads over & over...no luck then though...They came to PFS once too! Too bad I wasn't able to stop-by cos I was rushing home for tuition..what a waste!


3 things I wouldn't wanna be parted with anytime soon. They kept me company till the wee hours while studying(don't play Penang Hokkien Podcast at that time though, you don't wanna scare your neighbours!). Since exams are over....I'm gonna go out n start looking for something else to entertain me...really feel like buying an Xbox360...can Microsoft plz realease Halo3 ASAP!?

3 comments:

cl3m` said...

ahaha.. boa... she is definitely one of the best dancers around. yea, u're right, she's not as pretty as sawajiri erica, itoh masaki or horikita maki but definitely hotter than old lady ayumi.hitz fm aint all that great.. the prank calls can get pretty annoying sometimes.. don't really like the morning crew.the other shows are much better.

i think i might not buy wii.. not sure whether i'll be playing it that much and at 4man++(games and controllers) i can get my ext flash!

stevelee67 said...

hey buy PS3 better !! just been to tokyo game show..and ps3 promise more !! though no halo there...

Jeremy Cheong said...

Sorry, I'm getting Xbox360 because of Halo3....the best game ever. I personally think that its better than FFs. Less talk, more blood :p