Friday, July 22, 2005

A Long Day.....that means a long blog!

Today, Loke Eng and Yen Ling came to Osaka for a short 3 day visit....I din really know when they are coming until I heard it from Shi Han the night before only!(Maybe I din care much?) So, as the only few who lives close to Osaka, we are given the honour to bring both of them go jalan around while introducing them to all those 'interesting' places(not to me anymore) that most newcomers wanna see...

Yen Ling was sick today so both of them couldn't leave the hotel and visit the worlds biggest fish tank(I just knew that its the biggest in the world from an add)....so me, Fook Hee & Shi Han spent our time walking around an entire department stall(its kinda big) while waiting for them.....and I didn't fail to waste more money....guess what, I got a sd-card reader for laptop and a brand new sandals(its for the upcoming trip...thats why its a NECESSITY!) and there goes 6000 yen...again..my habits killing me!

In the evening, we brought both of the new comers to Osaka's all time favourite castle(read my past blog to know about it..lazy wanna describe again!) and sat there doing nothing for the next 1 hour or so....we did managed to chat....exchanging our experiences in our college and hostels while asking that super famous 'kaisu' question...."What did you get in your past exams?" As usual, I selambaly said that I failed 2 subjects...then continued by changing the topic all together dee....(no offence, but PPKTJ ppl have this tendancy to see how badly others have done....its supa norm to me by now dee....U KIASU PPLS!!)

Then, after all those photo sessions, we went to Shinsaibashi(a famous entertainment area in Osaka) where we entered the shop where Randy wanted to enter the last time he was here during the GW.....a note for Randy: "We don't even have to line up for 1 second to enter that shop.....and the Okonomiyaki there is DEFINATELY NICER"(maybe you just don't have the luck anymore huh?) Yup, its just a normal small roadside stall selling Okonomiyaki(how should I say this? It looks like the Indian murtabak, but with 1000% less oil and instead of meat and onions, you get to choose a seafood or meat...no onions, but more eggs,and thus more pricier la! 20 times?)

The miracle thing today is that we met and talked to 3 foreign ppl during the entire day, 1st was a Taiwanese guy with his Jap gf who we meet in Osaka Castle, 2nd is a China's Chinese working inside the okonomiyaki stall that we went and finally a Korean on our way back to the hostel....most of them approached us because we spoke in Mandarin(they think we are all from their kampung I guess?)except that Korean lady who was lost and wanted to ask some favour from us until she was told that we don't know all of Osaka(its huge ok!) ourselves and we are no Japs! Then it was English all the way with the lady...

Another thing to add, the show I watched last night? Its still playing in my head till now.....can really feel the emotions of the show even after almost 24 hours already....but I guess its not me only huh? When we all reached back at our hostels, I turned on the movie's official song, Shi Han watched the movie again while Fook Hee(hmm....don't know what he did la!).....and both of them said that their mood was affected by that show so they were not in the mood to shop today(they plan to come again some other day, when the after effects of the movie is gone) Damn was that show nice! I'm planning to get the original DVD myself soon.....just love it! Makes me think alot lo! What should I do?? SO NICE!!!

1 comment:

Crabbed!! said...

why is it that i miss all the good stuff when i visit you??